What About Arnold?

A comment about Arnold Schwarzenneger and language speaking. He's done movies in which he pretended to be Russian, right? Why has he never spoken German in any movie? It is just very curious to me. Any thoughts? I'm going to a French language meetup next week and feel really unprepaired. Not that I thought I was completely fluent after 3 months of Pimsleur but now that it has been so long since I completed the last lesson and haven't spoken much live French with anyone I am a bit nervous. I'll go anyway with the hope that it will give me a boost. I'm listening to French radio on Sirius every day to keep words alive in my brain. I do have moments that occur during the week that I get a chance to speak a little French. This has been completely with African speakers of French except for a conversation with an American who learned it and recommended Berlitz to me. I still have a whole course by FSI to go through and it looks really good. I'm going to go to Staples with my thumb drive and have the entire text printed. Bye for now.

Comments

Unknown said…
I think it is because he seeing being american as alot better for he bank balance. And would be more type cast as a villan being German. In hollywood if you listen villans are always German or maybe English in newer Bond films. Rarely Russian in newer movies though the cold war lasted so long. Having german family and visiting Cologne I don´t see Germans as villans but very family focused, English on the other hand lol ;)
Tom said…
Thanks Tristan. A very insightful comment. I had not thought of it like that. You have an interesting take on the subject.

Popular Posts